S1000D IETPs: Interactive Electronic Technical Publications
IETPs are electronic display systems of organised and formatted publications for presenting information of product description, operation and maintenance . IETP screens are interactive with inclusion of conditional branching mechanisms based on user feedback, parameters are evaluated at runtime and their values depend on contextual and user inputs. Paper based flow charts can be converted and made interactive with S1000D Yes No schemes and Switch cases.
An S1000D IETP is built on the outlined functionality (Chapter 6.4) and presentation (Chapter 6.3) of S1000D specification v4.0.
Classes/Levels of IETP
There is no specific categorisation(Classes/Levels) for IETPs. The Functionality Matrix included in each specification of S1000D Issue displays levels of complexity required for S1000D IETP Viewing tool.
Standards & Specifications followed for IETP Development and Technical Manuals integration
S1000D - INTERNATIONAL SPECIFICATION FOR THE PROCUREMENT AND PRODUCTION OF TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS
Features/Functionalities of IETPs
IETP functionalities are specified in the Functionality Matrix Issue of the S1000D version decided to be used in the process of Technical Documents conversion. According to the Issue 4.0 of S1000D specification, below are list of S1000D IETP features.
|1||Access||Login, Suspend, Restart and Exit|
|2||Annotation||Action complete indicator (checkbox) Global Data, Local data and Personal Annotations Redlining Text and Graphics|
|3||Delivery and distribution||Printed Publications, Physical media and its distribution over Network|
|4||Diagnostics and prognostics||User determined entry, Software driven entry and Dynamic data Diagnostics Wire/Fluid system tracings, System simulation and Prognostics|
|8||Navigation and tracking||
|9||Printing||Screen print, Data module specific printing, Linked data print, printing of Complete Book version|
|12||User operation Mode||
Other proposed features of S1000D IETPs include
- Powerful Search: User can search with any of data module codes , Part Numbers, Fault Isolation codes or any others defined in the process of business rules exchange and navigating to the content.
- IPDs and its maintenance: Illustrated Parts Data module helps in defining complete part details, user can easily navigate and understand the specific part in detail. These parts Stock keeping and Maintenance are made possible with the help of Inventory Module.
- Interactive Illustrations and Wiring Diagrams: Illustrations and wiring diagrams are made more powerful by Separating parts wirings, Parts grouping with multiple colors Linking each part to detailed part illustration.
- Conditional Branching Mechanisms: With help of S1000D Yes No and Switch case schemas a technician can perform diagnostic procedures for fault isolation, its fixage or replacement with action complete indicators following each step. Each step is linked to a detail diagram that shows the procedure to follow.
- Maintenance & Operations data collection: All the Maintainers and Operators performed actions can be collected as data for Auditing and Trail purposes.
IETP work Flow Diagram
- S1000D Transformation Tool: Defining brex rules, Data module requirements list , Data module codes, Information Control Number creations , Metadata and content integration into each Data modules.
- S1000D Authoring Tool: For Authoring of prepared data modules and integrating them to CSDB.
- IETP Administrator Tool: For managing users and their access rights, Access to admin features like printing of User audit reports, Backup and Restore of Data etc.
- IETP Viewer Tool: Viewing of content as per defined access levels and to use features provided.
S1000D IETPS has the following
Data Planning and Management Benefits
- Interoperability at data level, through use of “accepted industry” schemas.
- Data Dictionary is freely available in the specification.
- Based on International standard ISO 8879 (SGML/XML content).
- Ease of data exchange, smaller more reusable chunks of information (data modules).
- Common information can be identified.
- Can be linked with source data such as Logistics Support Analysis Requirements (LSAR), which can be used to enhance an integrated data environment.
- Increase in data integrity and the generation of better quality documents, through data integration with other systems and business units.
- The specification permits the addition of extra documentation features such as Link mechanisms, allowing the project team to decide what level of end user experience is required.
- The data module level objects allow for the focus to be on data, as opposed to a more traditional paper delivery.
- Author can save a lot of time by focusing on the content and he’ll be freed from formatting.
- Content reusability in Smart IETP is upto 40% across all publications since data modules are so modular.
- Maintenance and update costs can be saved by 30% due to data module content reuse in Smart IETPs.
- Defined Document Structures allow authoring structure to be defined within programs.
- The Module Uniqueness (Task/Description) in Smart IETPs allows task orientated definition.
- Smart IETPs can reduce the document distribution costs with the help of multiple delivery methods from the one source content.
- Publishing process is very well organized and streamlined. Data integrity optimization and making rich documents through data integration with other systems and business units is possible with our tool.
- Smart IETM features wider access control and efficient retrieval of the documentation by the end user using the asset/equipment in the field including multiple content delivery methods.
- Information made easy by Smart IETPs, for example; the operations like search and retrieval by applicable models, or through the use of metadata and content.
Advantages of our Smart IETP viewers
- Reduction of Mean Time to Repair/Replacement with Interactive Fault isolation procedures.
- Powerful search helps users to identify information faster and get part details faster.
- Maintenance and operational activities data collection.
- Illustrated parts stock management and orderings.
- Easy data integration and corrections.
- User feedback collections in the form of Annotations.
Popular IETPs Search Keywords:
S1000D IETPs, IETP Viewer Tool
IETP stands for Interactive Electronic Technical Publications.
IETPs are electronic display systems of organized and formatted publications for presenting information of product description, operation and maintenance . IETP screens are interactive with inclusion of conditional branching mechanisms based on user feedback, parameters are evaluated at runtime and their values depend on contextual and user inputs.
Functionality Matrix included in each specification of S1000D Issue displays levels of complexity required for S1000D IETP Viewing tool. There are no specific Levels/Classifications of IETPs like in IETMs.
S1000D - INTERNATIONAL SPECIFICATION FOR THE PROCUREMENT AND PRODUCTION OF TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS.
Our Smart IETPs are developed to work simultaneously across multi operating systems and multiple devices at a time can be used as a system, browser or mobile/tab application.
AES 256 bit encryption method is used for Encrypting the content in the process of Integration, Our Smart IETMs are capable enough to decrypt them before presenting it to user.
Yes, Our Smart IETMs are 100% responsive and fits to all screens.
Our IETPs delivery package includes a) S1000D Transformation Tool b) S1000D Authoring Tool c) IETP Administrator Tool d) IETP Viewer Tool.
IETP viewer is capable of integrating documents authored in S1000D and are more reactive with the help of conditional branching mechanisms using YesNO schema and Switch Cases compared to IETMs.